Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing 7

I had fun playing with the different aspects which Goggle has to offer. The calendar is a good way to keep track of things along with sharing it with others. Google Earth is a great way to show students different parts of the world and even their city as many have not gone further than their neighborhood. They can see visually places and get a good idea of where places are located and that there is a difference in a city, state, country and continent. Notebook will be way that I can keep ideas for lessons and pictures and other items I can use with that lesson.

2 comments:

FrAsianLat said...

I had fun using Google Earth. Unfortunately, I did not realize it was under the web based apps menu and I installed it. Then I tried to deinstall it and now I am missing the exe module when trying to launch from the web based apps menu. I am sure the students will love looking for coordinates and zooming in on places in social studies.

coco said...

I love Google Earth and also love the idea of the students being able to locate country, state, city, and above home or school. When students actually see their school or home address it will really encourage them to learn more about Google Earth and their
favorite locations.