Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing 15

It is hard to shift directions when libraries have been the source of information in the same way for decades. We need to change and must be flexible. We must ask for help from our students. They can show us and help us learn and become comfortable with Web 2.0 to better our libraries and ourselves.
We need to take classes and network with others and practice, practice, practice all the new ways to obtain information and organize it. I tend to get overwhelmed with all the changes, but I need to learn to embrace it and ask for help. I need to do that by challenging myself in using Web 2.0 in my library.
I have to think outside my box and ask for help, reading and practicing what I am learning over, and over again. I need to ask questions as that is what will help me learn and not to worry that I am not as current as others.
Leaning about 2.0 and using it will make a better library for my students and better communication between my users and myself and the world.

1 comment:

IZ-A-BEL99 said...

I agree that we all need to think outside the box when it comes to what the library can provide as for information and services to it's patron. However I also think that we need to educate our patrons on what wonderful services that library's can provide in the new technology world. I have to admit that my view of the library has until today remained as the one that I experienced as a child and now is the time to embrace change.