Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing 16

I have had a good time looking at and getting familiar with Wikis. I have been learning alot with 23 Things. It has been good to have the summer and time to sit down and work through the 23 things and do more planning for the school year incorporating what I have been learning in my lessons. A coouple of Wikis that caught my attention are: http://teacherlibrarianwiki.pbwiki.com/ and http://instructionwiki.org/Main_Page They both have helpful information and ideas. Atomic also has some good slide shows which I can use to show staff and students what they can do with Inspiration and other programs. I was leary of Web 2.0 as it seemed so overwhelming, but thanks to you all, the things are letting me explore and opens my eyes to even more I can do in my library for my students and staff. Thanks.

2 comments:

VWB said...

i think all of us have been a bit leery at times about 2.0...I know at one point I thought that it surely should be something I would not know how to "do," but didn't I find out how wrong that idea was!

I try really hard to share some of the simple image generators, etc with others who have that same feeling so they can get comfortable like me!

toughteacher said...

I was leary too...Atomic did have a good slide show.