Monday, July 14, 2008

Thing 19

Two sites I liked with Awards 2.0 were Mango languages and Farecast. Mango helps a person to learn and language and has ESL programs which could be used with students. I played with learning Spanish. It will say the words outloud and give explanations as to tenses. I only did the first lesson, you have to log in to receive more. I needed to pay attention as it would give you a sentence in English and Spanish and then only give you one English word and ask for the Spanish counterpart. This program would be useful for me and others who would like to learn a language and also for students who are learning English.

Farecast was interesting as I put in two cities and it will search several sites, Expedia, Hotwire and others to look for cheap flights. It came up with some very expensive flights for these times. I could use this personally, but students can use this as we have a group who prepare a presentation on visiting another place in the world. This gives them the ability to see how expensive it is to fly to various places by having the obtion of Farecast looking at several sites to get the best deal.

Both will be sites I will be using in the future, personally and professionaly.

No comments: