Sunday, July 27, 2008

Thing 23 - I made it!

I wasn't sure at times if I would make it through everything, but I was determined to finish and when I became frustrated I stepped away and came back to it with a clearer head for learning!

There were many things I enjoyed learning about: I was thrilled when I added my avatar, something from Teachertube and the podcast. I liked learning about Flickr and Del.icio.us and the options that are available through Google. Now my blog will be more interesting and draw in the students and staff.

It has helped me with developing another way for me to communicate with my book competition team and other students about books I am reading and books they are reading. It offers a 24 hr way to share our information with each other. I am also hopeful that this will get more students involved with sharing and pull in reluctant readers to share also. I see the blog expanding to meet the needs of the team and others.

The unexpected outcomes for me was to complete everything. I'm still working on adding speech to my podcast and when I accomplish that I will post the updated version. I will then feel that I have completed everything. I was excited when I was able to add my avatar and then deflated when I removed it and had to go back and refresh how to put it back in. I know that I will continue to review the 23 Things so it will come easily to me. I must remind myself to not give up, just step back, take a break and then try again. I would have never finished otherwise.

The main thing I would change is perhaps breaking up the 23 Things in half as it is time consuming. It might not seem overwhelming if it was divided up so that if one became discouraged we would be more likely to go back and try again if we knew there wasn't so much to do. Once half is completed then folks might be more likely to go on and finish the final part of the 23 Things.

Yes, I would like to participate in more activities like this program. I would like to see how others are using their blogs in their libraries and classrooms, plus what else I can do to make it more inviting so more will participate in my blog.

My learning for the course I would say is - Hang in there, the results are rewarding!

I am glad this was opened up to others outside of Spring Branch. Thanks!

1 comment:

VWB said...

congratulations on completing your summer technology adventure...hope you continue to share with us thru your blog